The University of St. Thomas’ Veteran Entrepreneurship BootCamp is a multi-stage training program for Veterans that provides participants an overview of the different elements of a successful entrepreneurial journey. Furthermore, the BootCamp includes training on business elements and technology skills and the modules are delivered by UST faculty and business experts. To conclude, the program offers the participants the chance to compete in a pitch competition.
The first Veteran Entrepreneurship BootCamp offered at USTMAX Center during the Spring 2022 Semester ended on April 30 with a Pitch Competition. Congratulations to the winners!
- First Place: Lena Schexnayder, Zen Gab Foundation
- Second Place: Marcey Phillips, VFW Post 4709
- Third Place: Donny O’Bryant, WIN Counseling, LLC
- Honorable Mention: David Wright, 3rd Coast Automation and Control, LLC
- Exemplary Leader Award: Donny O’Bryant.
Read more about the program:
- UST Offers Free Veteran Entrepreneurship Bootcamp – November 1, 2021
- Houston Chronicle: University of St. Thomas launches entrepreneur boot camp for veterans in Conroe – February 13, 2022.
- Veterans Pitch Contest Winners Get $$$ and “Secret Sauce” for Business – May 9, 2022
- Houston Chronicle: University of St. Thomas finishes first entrepreneur boot camp for veterans in Conroe – June 17, 2022
Special thanks to our sponsors:
Exemplary Leader Award Sponsor